Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sarah Palin

Pardon this quasi-dyslexic post... that's just how my mind is working right now

One of Sarah's[1] many contributions...  I'm not retreating, I'm reloading.

I've decided I will not be running the Victoria Marathon.

It was a difficult decision.  Weighing my running ability versus my injury versus my age versus my desire to get a BQ versus eating tofurkey for Thanksgiving... well, maybe not the last one.


It's disappointing.


I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing now.  I know I want to take some time away from "hard" training... but I also realize that I can't slack too much.  I want to hit the ground running in January, literally.

I might do a race... maybe the Fall Classic or something...  not sure at this moment.

Hindsight:
I wanted that little boost of speed that I was hoping to get it through the racing flats... and I have no doubt, that had I been able to adapt to them, I would have killed the marathon... instead, I got killed by them.


In a way, it I feel like Icarus... got a little too close to the sun.

[1] To be clear, I despise Sarah Palin.  She is everything that is wrong with western culture... but that's for another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment