Thursday, July 1, 2010

Planes, Trains, Automobiles

I'm doing my Eastern Canadian road trip..  Plane to Ottawa, train to Toronto and Montreal, and automobile to Quebec City.

My normal routes in Vancouver are well worn, so it's always kinda exciting running out of the ordinary.  For my first out of town run, I went to the track and did 400m repeats, but the next run was around my sister's neighbourhood.  I got lost.  I don't have a very good sense of direction at the best of times.  I'm wandering back and I'm slowing down 'cause I have no idea if I'm headed in the right direction, and lo and behold I spot a deer in the middle of the road.  The deer ran away, but for a second I thought, maybe I should chase after him, but then I thought, who the hell am I, Bear Grylls?

I really do love running in new places.  It's fun to see new things.  And sure, you might get lost, but sometimes after getting lost, it might allow you to see some pretty cool things.

PS Happy Canada Day

No comments:

Post a Comment