Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fun Time is Over

Time to get serious.

I've been a ramblin' boy for the last few months.  But I am settling down now...no more trips to the Amazon, no more visiting family back East during a heat wave, and certainly no more poutines with mushrooms and onions (Mmmm!)

I'm running a better now than ever before.  I ran a PB mile recently and have had strong track workouts since.  I know I have my work cut out for me in order to still push it to get my BQ in Victoria.  

My weight is the biggest thing (pun intended) I need to work on.  My VIM weight was 144, I'm now 148.  Four pounds may not sound like a lot, but carrying it for a 26+ miles is another matter.  I'd like to hit 144 again for Victoria, but I won't complain too much if I can even hit 142.

My strategy is pretty simple, just ease up on the bad food.  My recent trip to Ontario and Quebec was tough.  A lot of eating out, a lot of poutines, and a lot of generally less healthy food than I eat normally.  I need to get back to my whole foods and then I'm hoping my weight will start coming off.

As always, it's a tricky balancing act of losing fat and not muscle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment