Thursday, April 15, 2010

I've Lost My Mojo

I'm pretty passionate about running.  But not today.


I was planning to hook up with Joc and possibly do intervals with her, but for whatever reason, we didn't see each other in the morning.  I ran to UBC's track to do my 8x800m, only to find a bunch of kids "using" it.  I did one 800m and was on the second lap of the 2nd when I felt bleh and decided to call it.


I tried to run home, but even then I just couldn't muster the energy and walked for probably half of it.


WTH?


I realize I can't have good days all the time.  When I do have a bad run, I am usually tired.  I've never been healthy and rested and been overwhelmed with apathy.  I constantly preach being either in or out, I despise indifference and here I find I'm wallowing in it.


I need to get my mojo back.  Tomorrow, I'm pulling out all stops, I'm going to run intervals at my favourite spot, Stanley Park, hoping it'll spark something inside me.


Not as inspirational as my other quotes, but applicable nonetheless:


"You know, what have we learned here today? Perhaps it's that no one can take your mojo. You can look around all you want, but what you're really trying to find is on the inside. Take care of yourself, and each other." - J Springer from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me


--
Update (Friday, April 16): I went to Stanley Park to do my intervals and despite a rocky start, I found it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment