Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hitting the Wall

Is this what it feels like to be bonking?

I ran 28km this morning.  It was a great run to Ambleside.  I don't run there very often, so when I do, it's that much more special.  I wish we had time to go to Savary Island Pie Co  but it was still a very enjoyable run.



After coming home and resting a bit, I needed to go for another run.


I promised Ruby I'd take her for a 6km run as part of her Sun Run training.  I really don't like to break a promise, and disappoint my kids.  My word is my bond.  


As we started our run, I cut down on the pace.  I wanted to make sure the run was enjoyable for Ruby, but just as importantly, also for me.  I was pretty tired when we set out.  By about 3km, I started sweating profusely.  By 4km, I'm still sweating and barely making the steps.  We make it to 5km, which just happens to be a school playground.  Ruby wants to play, and at this point, I whole-heartily agree.  We do eventually make it home.  She beats me!


I've been home for 4 hours now, and just beginning to feel good.  


I found I have limits.  I once ran 63kms over a 24 hour period, and I thought I was pretty tough then.  Little did I know, 6km with my daughter would do me in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment