Monday, January 24, 2011

Running with Ben Kenobi

I feel quite honoured.

I've been Facebook friends with my old marathon leader, Angela.

Back in my Running Room days, she guided me, to do what I thought was the impossible... running a marathon.

She made running fun.  It was a very social atmosphere.  Our long runs weren't a race, they were casual.  We got to know all the people we ran with.

I met Chantelle there, and she in turn introduced me to TLT.  I met Wynne, Joe, Don, Grace, Beverly... heck nearly all my (running) friends are connected to my marathon clinic.  I met Sue at JH, but even that's has a RR connection, because it was Chantelle and Grace wanting to to sign up for JH because of the success stories they had heard about from people like Angela.

Angela and I had bumped into each other at coffee the week prior.  She's off to Boston so our training schedules are similar.  I sent her a message via Facebook and next thing you know, she's one of the gang.

I asked her to come up with a route and on Sunday morning she had 3 for us to choose from.  We went with Ambleside.  I am sure I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again.. I love running to the North Shore.  It's cool to say you ran to West Van, it's beautiful when you get there, and the run features two bridges, so it's a nice challenge.

I had a great time chatting with her.  We talked about everything under the sun.  We talked about her soccer days, her Ironmans, and even her days working at a grocery store.  By the time it was over, we ran about 22kms in a little over 2 hours.

"The Force will be with you, always." - B Kenobi

No comments:

Post a Comment