Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Last 5 is Always the Hardest

Not quite 5 minutes, but 6:04 and I'll have my BQ for 2012.


I am feeling pretty good now.  Mentally.


Physically, I'm still pretty exhausted feeling.  A lady in a hand cart passed me on the sidewalk today.  My calves are very sore and could use a good massage, I also have a huge blister on my left foot (i.e. the "tingle").  But I'm feeling very good.


I knew if I was to have any chance at Boston, I'd need to get my time down to at least a 3:45 for VIM.  I am feeling great that I beat that by nearly 8 minutes.


For the next 2-3 weeks, I won't be running much.  I'll be doing the Sun Run with Ruby and one or two training runs prior, and that's about it.  I'm not too worried that the lack of running will have much of an effect on my fall marathon plans.  I'll have June onward for some pretty good training.


Is a 3:30 selling myself short?  Should I look at a 3:20?  Funny thing tho is a 3:20 for RVM, I still won't be able to register for Boston 2011 as it'll likely sellout in September.  But how great would that be if it didn't?  One of the fantastic things would be, running Boston together with TLT and Sue!!!


Let me ponder for a minute.........................


Make it: the last 17 is always the hardest!


"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard" - JFK

No comments:

Post a Comment