Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Secret

While out for a run, I was talking with my buddy about a book, The Secret. The Secret is, if you want something enough, you'll get it. She mentioned that she knows someone who was very disappointed when she wanted/wished for something, but it didn't come to fruition.

Really!?!

How can someone really believe you can wish for something, and it happens? That'd be like a Disney fairy tale... go to bed and find your Prince Charming. It's not wishing that makes something come true, it's the changes in yourself that allows for new things to happen. Life doesn't happen to you, you need to make life happen. You open yourself up to changes that lead to a positive affect, some can be subtle, some needs to be drastic.

In the last year, I've been focussed on doing Boston. I don't have a secret. If there is one, I don't know about it. But after years of floundering, I've now completed runs that awhile ago, I would have wished I could have, but I'm doing them through hard work, pain, and suffering.

In the past year, I've turned to healthier eating. Lost ten pounds (on top of the 14 I had lost a couple years earlier). I started attending yoga regularly to work on my core. But, probably the most significant change has been taking part in JH's clinic. Before, I thought I was pushing myself, but the interval training we do has taught me I need and can dig a lot deeper.

So yeah, I guess that's the secret, dig deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment