Friday, April 22, 2011

All Good Things Come to an End

This is it.

A week to go.

I'm kinda melancholy.

Running has been my identity for the last few years.  I've met so many friends, had so many experiences... I've braved the elements and soaked up the wonderful sights.  It's been my security blankets on bad days it's enlightened me on good days.

Although I still plan to run, but it won't nearly be as far (ie 16k max) and certainly not with John Hill.

It's time to spread my wings with things like swimming, biking, climbing and some hiking/camping (i.e. West Coast Trails).   The last few months have been difficult.  I've led a sheltered life in order to get the best out for my running and not risk injuries.

My goal is to run a sub-3:30 with my stretch goal as a sub-3:20.  I know it won't be easy... things are going to really have to go my way in order for me to reach my stretch.

Seven more sleeps.

I'm very melancholy.

I'm really going to miss you, like you wouldn't believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment