Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Top of the World

I normally don't say that.  The title is from a song by the Carpenters, and as our family lacked any cool genes, we were all big fans.

I feel like everything is coming together.

My interval runs with JH are steadily improving and I've even dropped my tempo time a bit while increasing the mileage.

With the times I've been getting for the 1mi, 2mi and 14km, I can finally say, I've achieved the calculated time for a BQ.

VIM.  Three months left to the day.

I have two options....

1) Cut back a bit.  Push, but not too hard that I increase my risk for injury.  Safe strategy for a 3:30 finish.

2) Run like you stole it.  Test the limits.  Sub 3:25?

I gotta say, I'm leaning towards 2.

What once was thought to be impossible, is now in my hands.  When I ran my first sub-hour 10k, I thought I'd achieved the impossible.  And I did.  But now I'm clocking  a sub-45 minute.  Boston was just a pipe dream a few years ago... now I am excited that it looks like it's becoming a reality.

But I still know I'll have challenges.  Staying healthy through the hard training, dropping a few pounds, and wanting to push it 'til I feel like throwing up.  Still, the challenge and fun is an exciting time.

I'm euphoric.  I'm on top of the world.

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." - P Picasso 

No comments:

Post a Comment